How worked my family cloth project? Well, pretty much the way I wanted it to work from the start in January.
Only problem was to have enough cloth available, and I ran out at the beginning and ordered more from a WHAM at Etsy. The cloth I got are great, but I still run out and have to install a washing routine...But, I could keep it up at my new appartment with a new flatmate!
For February and March I did not divide it up into two months, because I had to start from the beginning at the new place and decided to leave my cleaning stuff behind in Berlin and do natural selfmade cleaning in Stuttgart. Thus, I ordered Borax, Olive natural soap, baking soda and washing soda via Internet and gathered recipes for self-made deodorant, washing detergent, cleaning,....
I got my ingredients all together and have to start mixing and using them pretty soon.
The other project for February/March (I moved February 14th) was not buying new furniture, but using/recycling what was already in the posession of my brother/parents or get stuff from freecycle.
This was pretty successfull, I got a writing desk (sturdy wood) from my parents, which used to be my brother´s when he was in school and a sturdy wooden bed for free from freecycle. I got a little foldable cupboard and lots of kitchen supplies as well. I just did not have the money to buy new stuff, wanted to use what was already there and not needed by the people storing it, plus- I will have to move at the end of June again and don´t know what will be there in the new appartment. Thus, buying new stuff did not make sense as well.
I´m pretty happy with the outcome of this reusing project!
I will update you at the end of March about my progress with natural self-made cleaning supplies and post some recipes...
all the Best from Stuttgart, Germany,